Swissôtel, a celebrated Accor brand from the Swiss heritage, is built on the pillars of Sustainability, Vitality and Craftsmanship, and is translated through thoughtful services and family-friendly offerings at Swissôtel Al Ghurair and Swissôtel Living Al Ghurair.
As a hotel, it has consistently worked on various sustainable initiatives:
Swissôtel promises a Sustainable Stay
- Guests are offered online and digital check-in services.
- Upon check-in, guests can enjoy the spacious hotel rooms (starting from 42 sqm) and apartments (starting from 112 sqm), with plenty of natural daylight and apartments offering balcony access.
- During the stay, the housekeeping team invites the guests to participate in cleaning choices where the room attendants use environmental-friendly cleaning products, refresh linen and towels responsibly (once in three days)
- In the hotel, guests will notice that all amenities and guest touchpoints has eliminated single-use plastic and is replaced by recyclable products.
- Promoting better travel choices, the hotel also offers its guests one metro (NOL) card tickets with enough balance for a return trip to the Dubai Expo, —also advantaging the hotel’s location for being just 5-minutes from the Union metro station.
- Valet services and self-parking is offered at the basement of the hotel, where green parking (or an electrical charging station) is also available.
- Built on its core principle, the hotel offers an à la carte Vitality Menu featuring sustainably sourced fish and seasonal fruits and vegetables — especially built on recipes of zero food wastage. Liwan restaurant also has a Vitality Corner during its buffet where the chef thoughtfully presents healthy options of salads, nuts, homemade jams and syrups. Yasmine Lounge, overlooking the hotel lobby, also boasts its range of locally-sourced coffee.
- In the Swiss Garden, located next to the swimming pool, the hotel team has a vegetable and herbs garden, of mint, basil, coriander, lettuce, eggplant, tomatoes, and other seasonal produce. Guests too can visit the garden, upon requests, especially along with the children during the gardening activity at “Around the World” Sunday Brunch.
- Located on the fifth floor, at the gym, guests can work out in the SportsArt machines, which use resistance to generate electricity against it.
- Partnering with Orbisk, food wastage is regularly monitored and regulated through best practices from the hotel staff, vendors and business partners.
- Implemented the year before, the hotel has its water-filtration system, thoroughly maintained and monitored by specially trained staff, where water bottles are filled, sealed and delivered to guest rooms, restaurants, the spa and meeting rooms.
- For hosting meetings, trainings and workshops, Swissotel introduced a Green Meeting Room, equipped with hybrid video-conferencing facilities, calculating carbon emission per meeting, offering seed-paper and cork stationery during the event and offering coffee breaks with healthy options and local produce.
- While staying in the luxurious suites of the hotel, featuring beautiful panoramic views, the Dubai cityscape views and the spacious Family suites, guests can also enjoy hand-crafted local sweet treats by our chefs and enjoy a coffee from the Nespresso machines, known for their strict recycling practices.
- While at the hotel, guests can also explore the local neighbourhood, rich in history and culture of the past, and try the exclusive rates offered by Frying Pan Adventures – an award-winning food-walk tour.
- Along with a fond farewell, guests can also bring home a collection of sustainable souvenirs, crafted specially for the hotel by Save The Planet, with bamboo speakers, a power bank, stylish tote bags, jute bags and palatable crayons.
Sustainability at the Heart of the Hotel
- Giving back to the community, the hotel boasts a strong partnership with Evolvin Women —offering opportunities to many bright young ladies in the hospitality industry, Emirates Down Syndrome Academy — providing workshops and apprenticeships to its students, Al Jalila Foundation – adding a purpose to Christmas gifting, Emirates Environmental Group — with regular initiatives for can collection and clean-up of public spaces.
- All hotel colleagues are certified with sustainability trainings offered by Accor with School for Change, and the Dubai Government with Dubai Way.
- A Sustainability Champion, reporting directly to the General Manager of the hotel, monitors and ensures proper implementation of sustainability practices, and conducts audits with certified third-party companies.
- Apart from guestrooms, every office and workstation practices energy-efficiency practices, installing LED lights and strict temperature-controlling practices.
Amal El Ansari, the General Manager for Swissôtel Al Ghurair and Swissôtel Living Al Ghurair says “Sustainability is a conscious lifestyle choice. We have to work together to provide a better tomorrow for our colleagues, our business partners, and our families. Life is a Journey. Live it Well.”